Program Goals and Outcomes
West Virginia University internship program graduates will have acquired the necessary skills for dietetics practice at the entry level.
- Over a five-year period, 80% of the DI graduates will successfully complete the registration examination on the first try.
- Over a five-year period, 70% of the graduates who seek employment will be employed in dietetics-related positions within three months of completing the program.
- During the first year of employment, program graduates will be ranked by at least 75% of their employers as above average in professional knowledge and skills as compared to other entry-level dietitians.
- When surveyed, 90% of employed graduates will rate themselves as prepared or well prepared for their first position.
The West Virginia University internship program will prepare graduates with skills as life-long learners, fluent communicators of dietetic verbiage, and advocates of nutrition-related research.
- Ninety percent of the students admitted to the DI will complete the program within 3 years of beginning the program. (The DI is designed to be completed in 2 years; 3 years is 150% of the planned time.)
- Interns admitted to the program will rate as “satisfactory” or better on scores on advising and counseling provided by the faculty.